It is the third day of The Building Champions Experience and today’s main focus is vision. After the morning run and breakfast, our founder and CEO, Daniel Harkavy, explained the importance of vision and why every leader needs to have a clear and compelling vision for their team and organization.
- Your leadership will be defined by the decisions you make and the influence you have.
- You want to connect the activities you do everyday to something bigger.
- Long-term vision is important because, as leaders, you need to take your team to a destination that is different than today.
- When you can start to envision something that is not real today, but is a better tomorrow, you create an opportunity gap.
- If you think the best is behind you, you are probably right.
- If you are going to have a switched on culture, you need to have a switched on team.
Coach Shannon Eckmann then defined the need for convictions and how to best discern the core values most important to you:
- Your team is trading their hours to work for you.
- Leaders need to feel their convictions so strongly that they are willing to fight for them.
- If you, as a leader, are not defining culture, your team will decide it for you.
- Your convictions are your promise – they are your promise to yourself and your promise to your people.
Our attendees have been encouraged to spend time alone to focus on both their personal convictions and purpose. But, once they put words to paper, coach-led small group time was planned for attendees to work together and provide feedback while working towards the same goal – clearly defined convictions and purpose.
Coach Jonathan Rogers just spoke on the next step towards creating a plan for your business – an envisioned future.
- The most important role of a leader is to inspire – to breathe life into another.
- People look to leaders for direction, destination, and definition.
- You have a voice and the organization needs to hear it.
- The future you define needs to be rooted in current reality, but it also has to be different.
- What’s the clear and compelling story that draws people together towards a future that is inspiring?
- People need to see the detail of your vision – when they see your mind and hear your heart, they want to be a part of making the vision a reality.
As Jonathan said – “Today is about describing the destination.”
We are excited for our attendees as they work towards the next step – creating a plan for their business. More updates to come!
Our attendees enjoy the beauty of Sunriver while working towards creating their Business Vision.